Monday, May 18, 2009

Those above, those within

C: There he goes again. That's his third catch of the month. I've had it upto HERE with this guy. One more convert, and I swear upon my Father, he'll ROT IN HELL.


I: You and your converts. What's the use if they can't do something for you? Real faith, my friend, is measured by action. Tangible action. Look at them! Such sacrifice! Such submission to faith!



H: Ha Ha! Submission to faith. Sure, if 72 beauties are going to submit to you later. It's a selfish act. It's a DEAL.


C: Hey, hey, hey, it's the selfless ego, shooting from the hip! Back from your mind-BLANKING activities? You know, I always wondered what the mind, with it's complex emotional circuitry and endless creative genius, was meant to do. But of course, it was meant to go BLANK! Now why did'nt I think of that? You really are a master of the obvious!



H: Sarcasm does'nt suit you, pal. You don't have the moral high ground for it. Not when all you want is something as petty as political dominance. I don't need your world power, you can have it.



I: Ah yes, you WOULD say that. Ever the laidback. No wonder you were only thinkers , and never doers. The world is there for you to contemplate on, is'nt it? What nonsense. You think we're fooled by your self-realisation crap? When you can't face the reality of life, you run away to the mountains and just sit there. It's a defensive mechanism, just accept it. Life can be dealt with in a more practical way.



H: Oh, pleeeez don't get me started on the 'practicalities' of life. Your bedouins from the B.C may've been able to pray five times a day; there was nothing much else to do in the middle of the bloody desert. You expect people to do that now? When a guy does'nt have a minute to waste? You're forcing centuries-old values and customs cultured in a harsh environment upon well-to-do, upwardly mobile youth of today. You're stifling them.



C: Hell yeah, I second THAT. Anybody who condemns music has got to be insane.



I: Mmm. At least we're sane enough to NOT think that we're damned because we were born! Seriously, you need to cut them some slack. A guy's a sinner BECAUSE he came into this world? And he needs saving the MOMENT he takes his first breath? You never give them a CHANCE, do you? Poor sods must be feeling pretty low about themselves.



H: And hats off to you for convincing everyone that it was all real. Walking on water, my foot! But you're playing with fire with that resurrection shit. That takes some believing, and the moment someone disproves it, that'll be the end of your sorry clan.



C: It's for the greater good, my friend. You can't hold that against us.



H: Sure. Maybe we should applaud you for your extreme shows of faith. Like waiting for divine intervention to treat your ills .



I: Chill, Mister. It's better than clasping your hands in front of anything that MOVES. Your GAZILLION gods make for great characters in your mammoth stories, but we look down upon them with scorn. They're cartoons for all we care.



C: Sorry mate, but you're the CARTOON here. It's funny how your females have to cover themselves up. For what? Is that to do with the guys' behaviour over the years? Must've been some pretty horny dudes.



H: Yup, insatiable. You know, you're smart. By nature, man is polygamic, and marriage is antithetical to that. Now, without being married, you're not legitimate. So what do you do? Marry more! What a great idea!



I: Don't judge us! We've only good intentions. Your sanctimonious bigotry's giving everyone false notions about us!!



H: And you plan to rectify that through Jihad? It's a senseless war that you've brought upon yourself!! You don't deserve a legitimate life!! You should be cleansed from this earth!! You.....



I: You're but a small bunch of ANTS to US!! Our reach is far beyond what you can imagine!! You don't stand a chance ........



C: Oh, to hell with you two!! You should be put away for good!! You don't understand the Way of Life! You.......UH-OH. It's HIM!







....................

......................................








I: Greetings, My Lord. We were just talking.........


H: Yes, Your Highness, we were having a very fruitful conversation......


C: We were discussing what more we could do for the betterment of mankind......


T: You have done ENOUGH, already!!


Everytime I come here, it's the same. You have not learned from what I have taught. I thought you would learn with time. But you have not.


You know what I am here for. I am here to say things as they are. I AM the actuality of all things, and therefore my job in this universe is to simply BE. The rest will be sorted out on its own.


And it's also my job to remind you, from time to time, of what YOU are.


C: We know, Lord. We keep reminding ourselves. We couldn't forget.......


T: Well, why does'nt that sound so convincing to me? You will always be prone to go down the wrong path, and so my frequent visits are something you will have to put up with.


And, so on to our usual MINUTES of the day.


YOU, are HOPE. A man hopes that he does not live, or die, in vain. He hopes that there is a purpose for his existence. He also hopes that he is not alone, that there is someone watching over him. Someone who will reward him with residence in an ideal world, if he is good. Because being good is a lot of hard work. And he hopes that it is all for SOME thing.



YOU, are FEAR. A man's fear of the unknown. There are many things in this universe that he does not understand, and so he fears that there is an unseen force that creates, destroys, and maintains things. And he better be on its good side.



And YOU, are DESIRE. A man wants a lot of things he can never have. He fantasizes, he dreams. His imagination is endless. When he badly wants something, he understands that even if he does eveything right, he might not necessarily get it. And so he has no option but to ask for help. From above.



Now, don't you forget this. This is what IS, and you better come to terms with it. Don't try to bite off more than you can chew. Don't try to envisage yourselves as something higher or greater than what you really ARE.



C: Yes, My Lord. We will always be mindful...........



H: We will never tread far from your teachings................



I: You have our word..........

4 comments:

  1. Hehe ....I had a feeling it was not very obvious .....T is Truth ....I'm sticking to Gandhi's principles these days :)...Truth is God....This is a dialogue between 3 RANDOM(which is why I did'nt spell them out) religious IDEOLOGIES (not necessarily persons) and the only real God, Truth. So, what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what, forget about that RANDOM comment :).....the ideologies are pretty obvious :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd thought as much, but then 'frequent visits' kinda confused me :)

    ReplyDelete