Thursday, October 4, 2012

LOVEboat and other drugs




It's like losing your most intimate friend, really. A mate you could count on when life puts you in those inevitable 'situations'. He's there, waiting for you when you've clawed your way out of the quicksand, but oh wait, he'll sink WITH you if you don't make it! Now THAT'S friendship, eh?

He'll be there, quietly listening to you as you think up big plans for your future. He'll be there when they go awfully wrong.

It's been 4 months now. 4 months. People start to think about new friends once they move to a new place. But forget HIM? I don't think so.

I should know better. I SHOULD forget him. He's a double-edged sword, this dude. You know the guy you love to party with, but then you shouldn't cos you always get screwed with that kind of lifestyle, but he'll be fine? I bet you had somebody like that in college. Well, that's HIM. It's just who he is. A puff of magic, a force of nature.

All it takes me is to just stop by on the way to work and see him. His home is on the way, anyway. So why not? Hasn't he been a solid chum for the last 6 years? So why this indifference?

Ahh, those rollicking days we had. We always used to somehow meet together at the same place, me, HIM and the OTHER guy. If  GUY1 was a puff of magic, then GUY2 was a free spirit. If I were to analyse this a little bit, I would want GUY1 to pacify me when things go sensationally wrong, and GUY2 to set the mood during the good moments in my life. Horses for courses, really. But then we love our horses, so we won't choose, will we?

And then there was this GUY3. I wanted to give him a late entry into this story, cos he's a superstar, he really is. He just makes everything so awesome. He came in and went off in these little cameos, that's all you got to see of him. With him by my side, I believed I could beat up any guy in my way. What a confidence boost. What a DUDE. I was usually pretty pissed off with people when he was around. Cos he had it SO gooooood, why couldn't the whole world be LIKE him? This guy, this Cuban rockstar, could rock your world. Literally.


******to be continued*****







No comments:

Post a Comment